Re: [techs] CSS Techniques

Hello,

We currently have a separate CSS Techniques document.  Please refer to the
list of techniques documents currently under discussion/development:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wcag20.html#techs

Note that the last time we generated a version of CSS Techniques was 16
July 2001 [1], but that I converted the source to xml (using the techniques
dtd) in August 2002 [2].

There has been some debate about a CSS chapter within each of the "host"
technologies (i.e., HTML, XML, SVG, SMIL, MathML, etc.) with a separate
CSS-specific document for overarching CSS techniques and themes.

Does this satisfy your question or are you driving at something else?

--wendy

[1]  http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-WCAG20-CSS-TECHS/
[2]  http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/2002/08/css-tech.xml - note that this
is a very sparse document.  I did it this way to highlight where we are
missing information.  in other words, it is a sort of template for future work.

At 01:13 PM 1/28/2003, Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG wrote:

>As i have wrote in reply to Gregg Vanderheiden i think that we need to
>insert also a CSS Techniques doc.
>
>CSS is a different W3C Raccomandation than HTML and is possible to have
>accessible CSS and/or CSS that are not accessible.
>
>For example (the same in the previous e-mail), this code:
>
>h1 {
>  font-family: Georgia, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
>  font-size: 16px;
>  font-weight: bold;
>  color: #000;
>  text-align: center;
>  background-color: #fff;
>}
>

>h2 {
>  font-family: Georgia, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
>  font-size: 0.8em;
>  font-weight: bold;
>  color: #000;
>  text-align: center;
>  background-color: #fff;
>}
>

>But also, for eg., the use of background color and of the text-color: if we
>wrote green on blue or white on light gray we create accessibility problems.
>
>What the group think about?
>
>Roberto Scano
>IWA/HWG EMEA Coordinator
>W3C Advisory Committee Representative for IWA/HWG
>International Webmasters Association / HTML Writers Guild
>http://www.iwanet.org - http://www.hwg.org
>E-Mail: emea@iwanet.org - w3c-rep@iwanet.org

wendy a chisholm
world wide web consortium