[techs] CSS Techniques

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:13:32 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

As i have wrote in reply to Gregg Vanderheiden i think that we need to
insert also a CSS Techniques doc.

CSS is a different W3C Raccomandation than HTML and is possible to have
accessible CSS and/or CSS that are not accessible.

For example (the same in the previous e-mail), this code:

h1 {
 font-family: Georgia, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
 font-size: 16px;
 font-weight: bold;
 color: #000;
 text-align: center;
 background-color: #fff;
}

h2 {
 font-family: Georgia, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
 font-size: 0.8em;
 font-weight: bold;
 color: #000;
 text-align: center;
 background-color: #fff;
}

But also, for eg., the use of background color and of the text-color: if we
wrote green on blue or white on light gray we create accessibility problems.

What the group think about?

Roberto Scano
IWA/HWG EMEA Coordinator
W3C Advisory Committee Representative for IWA/HWG
International Webmasters Association / HTML Writers Guild
http://www.iwanet.org - http://www.hwg.org
E-Mail: emea@iwanet.org - w3c-rep@iwanet.org