RE: Issue #8: flicker (my action item from WCAG teleconference, J une 26, 2003)

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:34:17 +1000
To: "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Cc: Web Content Guidelines <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Bailey, Bruce writes:
 > (1)  Jason, are you saying that a P1 item made it into WCAG 1.0 without
 > first hand experience that there was a real problem?

No, I am not saying anything about WCAG 1.0 or about lack of
experience of the problem. To the contrary, the problems with flicker
have been known for a very long time. However there are patterns not
involving flicker that also cause seizures, and the exact tests for
these are, as I understand it, still in need of clarification.