Re: [166] Organize documents so they may be read without style sheets

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 12:17:05 -0400
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

>Here are some examples of documents that differ when rendered
>without a style sheet (or with a browser's default style sheet).  I
>hope that this helps to clarify the discussion.

This is valuable and, indeed, surprising information. Now, could we
run the same test on the tiny number of W3C members with valid-HTML
homepages?

<http://www.markokarppinen.com/20020822.html>

If we see the same effects there-- and let's assume valid CSS, which
is even less prevalent than valid HTML-- then we've certainly got
something to talk about. Now, whether we have something to *regulate*
in WCAG 2.0 is a separate question.
--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
     Weblogs and articles <http://joeclark.org/weblogs/>