Conformance: Draft text for next TR Working Draft

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:42:37 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

We expect to publish a public Working Draft of WCAG 2.0 in the next 2
weeks.  Since we do not have consensus about reorganization or changes to
the conformance scheme, this next draft will continue to use the old scheme
but should outline the issues we are discussing. It will also link to a
summary of the proposals (this summary page is not yet available). I have
drafted text that attempts to outline both the current scheme (i.e., now
considered the "old" scheme) and the issues with it.  Please review and be
prepared to discuss at tomorrow's telecon.

If we adopt this draft (or one with edits), it will replace the existing
"Conformance" [1] and "Appendix B" [2] that exist in the 8 January 2003
Working Draft.

Thank you,

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#conformance
[2] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#conf-rationale