Demo

From: Lisa Seeman <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 13:58:54 +0200
To: "W3c-Wai-Gl@W3.Org (E-mail)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
We have a language Demo page up.

Take a look at

original page:

http://ubaccess.com/swaptest3.html

then

http://www.ubaccess.com/rdftest3.XML

If you go to UB Access test server you can see SWAP take the resource , take
the RDF file and render a simpler version

http://192.197.109.99/applications/swap/www.ubaccess.com/swaptest3.html

paragraph 1 : the ambiguous "He" is resolved though an annotation

paragraph 2 : a simple version of the whole thing is provided in an
annotation

paragraph 3: typical phrases or words are simplified in annotations. It is a
bit buggy now, but the same word or RDF statement will work to translate the
same word in any occurrence (unless stated as a exception). So if we had a
few generic "simplification" RDF files can simplified multiple pages on
multiple sites. You do not have to annotate repeated content more then once.

I also have to explain the "fake" RDF. We had thought that RDF / and
anthologies (OWL etc) are developing so fast that it made sense to develop
the syntax last - and just have place holding stuff there until then.
However I felt that it was relevant for the success criteria for Peaple to
see what works   -and it does work (anyway  not all services there use the
best mark up - but I am a purist at hart).

 Thanks to Spencer Bruce and Anna Afonchenko for getting this up, running
and installed before the Passover/Easter brake.

All the best,

Lisa Seeman

UnBounded Access

Widen the World Web