Re: Checkpoint 1.1, p.s.

If, in the text, it already says something like "figure one shows that from
june to august sales fell from one to zero" then I would suggesty that an
appropriate alternative is "figure one - sales in june, july an august". If
the information isn't in the text already then you need to figure out how to
put it succinctly in an alt...

chaals

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:

>John Slatin proposed the following rewording of example 2 for checkpoint
>1.1 [1]
>
>Providing a short label and a longer explanation are provided for
>a data chart.  A bar chart compares how many widgets were sold in June,
>July, and August. The short label says, "Graph of the numbers of widgets
>sold in June, July, and August." The longer description identifies the type
>of chart or graph, provides  a high-level summary of the data comparable to
>that available from the chart or graph, and lists the data themselves.
>
>I suggest that we accept this proposal in the next draft.
>
>[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2002JulSep/0291.html

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22