Proposal for a new Appendix in WCAG 2.0

From: Maurizio Vittoria <vittoria@marciana.venezia.sbn.it>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:50:53 +0200
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

I'm not sure if it is the just moment to speak about, but i would want to
propose a new Appendix to the WCAG 2.0, when will be ended.
The new Appendix could help, "step by step", the newbie on the WCAG.

We know that, following the checkpoints,  people can  test itself a
document but, and here i believe to interpret the desire of a lot of
persons, I know also a lot of person do not want to read all the pages of
the WCAG.
They prefer to find  some swift diagrams to know how is the situation of
the documents.

I got ready a small example,  a flow-chart like a tool, at URI:

It is very simple, but swift; I think that  is very important the existence
of a small tool *inside* the  WCAG 2.0 document.

Other similar ways,  in other documents, but maybe more bigger:

WCAG 2.0 Technology-Specific Checklists [draft]:

Discussion Notes: technology-specific "checkpoints"

Techniques For Evaluation And Implementation Of Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines: http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/ert-20000315.html

What do you think about?

Maurizio Vittoria
Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana