From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org]On Behalf
Of Lisa Seeman
Sent: Thursday, 17 October 2002 11:05 AM
To: W3c-Wai-Gl@W3.Org (E-mail)
Cc: Ellen (E-mail)
Subject: questionnaire

I have written a short questioner for Peaple involved with web/disabilities
in Israel to complete as a way to gather data needed to make the criteria

The idea is to translate the questionnaire to Hebrew and circulate it among
the community. Before I translate it however I wanted to know if anyone
feels that I have left out any important questions.

Please do not tell me any grammatical mistakes, they will be lost in the
translation.

Questioner follows
-------------------------------------

In submitting this information, you are committing to answering every
question honestly to the best of your ability. Where some information is
conjecture or opinion please state so explicitly.

Name:
Email Address:

Do you have any objection to receiving email to discuses these matters
further? yes / no

1, Please describe the extent of your experience with the following
disabilities. Please be as specific as possible.  (for example - I teach a
class of 20 dyslexics from 1999 until the present)

Visual impairment :
No vision
Very low vision

Cognitive impairment:
Dyslexia
Other LD  (describe)________
PDD
Autism
Mental retardation
Alzheimer's
Trauma
other Cognitive Disabilities  (describe)________

2, In your experience,  to what extent has a lack of vowels been a barrier
to access for  the following disabilities?
(1 - none,  2 -  slight,  3  -  some ,  4 - significant,  5 extremely
significant)

Visual impairment :
No vision
Very low vision

Cognitive impairment:
Dyslexia
Other LD  (describe)________
PDD
Autism
Mental retardation
Alzheimer's
Trauma
other Cognitive Disabilities  (describe)________

3, What level of conformance do you seek when becoming accessible?

A AA AA

4, What is your connection / interest in web accessibility? - check all
that apply:

I have disabilities  (describe)________

I am involved in creating web content

I am involved with people with disabilities as a care giver or relative

Other (describe)________

5, Would your organization be interested in using an automatic tool , with
a free proofing tool to add vowels to their web site?

Explain reasoning:

6, which of these statements expresses the way you feel. Select all that apply.

a, If I can not achieve conformance level AA I will not try to achieve any
WCAG conformance level.

b, If it is too hard to achieve conformance level AA then I will try to
achieve conformance level A for the whole document and claim conformance
level AA or AAA to the checkpoints that I manage to conform to.

d, If it is too hard to to achieve conformance AA then I will only attempt
to fulfill requirements for conformance level A.

c, Even with the help of automated vowelasion tools, there is no way that I
will put vowels on my site

e, If vowels are not required I am committed to achieving at least AA
conformance.

7, From where did you receive this questioner?

Additions comments:

Thanks you so much for taking to time to send this information.

All the best,

Lisa Seeman

UnBounded Access

Widen the World Web