Re: Comment on WCAG 2.0: Scaling and stylizing text

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 21:40:28 -0500 (CDT)
To: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:

> Jon,
>
> I think this issue is covered by checkpoint 1.3 Make all content and
> structure available independently of presentation. [1]  Do you feel that
> this checkpoint and its success criteria are not strong enough?

JRG: I feel that this is not the checkpoint for this issue.  I think using
technologies that all the user to stylize text is a different issue than
separating content from structure.  I could use an image (with alt text)
to stylize text and enclose the image in a H1 element to indicate that the
element was a header.  Are you saying that this would not pass the test
for 1.3?

Jon