Access Key

From: Steven Pemberton <Steven.Pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:52:57 +0200
To: "WAI GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: "HTML WG" <w3c-html-wg@w3.org>

Editing the XHTML 2 spec, I came across something I wasn't sure of.

If an access key is on a link, should the access key take you to the link,
where you must then activate the link (with return or space or whatever), or
should it immediately follow the link.

HTML 4 says follow the link, but I note that UAs aren't consistent here. My
personal feeling is that the link should get focus, so that you can then
decide what to do with it, but I'd like to hear from WAI people.

Thanks!

Steven Pemberton