Re: Access Key

Steven,

Looking on the WAI lists, I see a variety of responses, particularly in the
thread started by Aaron Leavanthal on 24 April 2001. [1]

For example:
Gregory Rosmaita thinks it should be user configurable. [2]
Masafumi Nakane thinks we should take a conservative approach and *not*
activate. [3]
Kelly Ford makes a distinction between a button (activate) and a link
(focus). [4]

I would ask the UAWG.  They have a variety of test suites for accesskey
[5,6] and UA behavior is the primary topic of UAAG.

--wendy

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2001AprJun/0241.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/1999OctDec/0725.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2001AprJun/0274.html