comment on 29 August meeting

My two cents worth,

I like seperating them. Yes there is overlap, but the seperation brings
clarity.
There are two disitict tasks that need to be done, and they may overlap
somtimes, but even when the stucturing of a document does not make it more
readabnle for cognitive disabilties  - it still needs to be done, for
distinc and important resons.
Yup - skiming and navagatablity and one more - alternitve renderings
optermised to the user.

A distinct structure allows a stuctured rendering , or information fhiding
and jumping around the page - all the types of things we are making at SWAP.

Simply - without it we can not build assistive tecnologies that provide
these fetchers.

4.1 is somthing of a tricky one, will often be down plaid and misunderstood.
It will also be as long as the proverbal piece of string in terms of
implemtion.
By adding to it (instaid of "use plain English", "use well structured plain
English and expose that structure in the markup"?)   are doing exactly what
both 3.1 and 4.1 preach against - Muddling Peaple so that we can have less
points, less sentences, and save ourselves a full stop or two?

I think 3.1 will stand a better chance if it goes it alone.

All the best,

Lisa Seeman

UnBounded Access

Widen the World Web