Re: WCAG 2 Restructuring Proposal comments

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:49:45 -0800
To: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>, WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 2:25 PM -0500 3/25/02, Joe Clark wrote:
>In general, a very strong reformulation. It can only get better. But
>what happened to Kynn's modularization idea?

Modularization is really a conformance issue more than a guideline
issue (although hooks are necessary in the guidelines).  On Sunday, a
proposal was made for a "simple (or basic) WCAG 2 compliance" scheme
within the WCAG2 guideline, and then an extended method for more
complex compliance claims within a W3C note on WCAG 2 Compliance,
published simultaneously with the release of WCAG 2, but updatable
outside of the full W3C recommendation track.

In such a proposal (which I made, BTW *grin*), modularization
could be defined within the context of the WCAG 2 guidelines and
checkpoints and techniques.

BTW, if an editor or co-editor for such a note on compliance is
required, I volunteer my services.

--Kynn

Next Book: Teach Yourself CSS in 24       http://cssin24hours.com
Kynn on Web Accessibility ->>          http://kynn.com/+sitepoint