Re: Request for clarity on Consensus Item G1

I wrote:
> Please go back and read over the last 3 years' discussion on this topic.
> All these points have been raised on IG and GL many times in the past.
> Thanks!

...I didn't mean to be snippy about this, either; the reason we have
archives is so that when we have issues which have been discussed at
length already, we don't have to revisit them and re-establish consensus
each time the group's composition changes.  You are welcome to raise
new issues if they have never been brought up before, but if they are
not new then you should probably assume that such an objection was not
seen as large enough of an objection that it prevented consensus.  (The
same may happen with new arguments too; it's entirely likely that you
may come up with a new argument which still isn't enough to undo the
group decision. Undoing established consensus is difficult, and in
my opinion, rightly so -- even though I still have problems myself with
a few things that generally consensus-okay!)

--Kynn