Re: action item for the testability of 3.5 (annotating complex information)

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:54:30 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
"Wendy A Chisholm"

> is your proposal:
> a definition or link to a definition is provided for phrases,
> words, acronyms and abbreviations for the first occurrence.
>
> question:
> the first occurrence in the site or on each page?

It has to be page (there is no first occurance of a site, users may
arrive anywhere.), also there isn't necessarily a first occurance on a
page, although this depends if we believe UA's should be duplicating such
definitions etc.

Do people who follow this link
 http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#new-tech-degrade
not need expansions (that would with the proposal only be done on their
first occurance.)

> My concern with summarizing the table within the text of the
> document is then there is not an explicit relationship between the
summary and the table.

<LABEL FOR> or <CAPTION> seem appropriate?

Jim.