Re: action item for the testability of 3.5 (annotating complex information)

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 17:54:30 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
"Wendy A Chisholm"

> is your proposal:
> a definition or link to a definition is provided for phrases,
> words, acronyms and abbreviations for the first occurrence.
> question:
> the first occurrence in the site or on each page?

It has to be page (there is no first occurance of a site, users may
arrive anywhere.), also there isn't necessarily a first occurance on a
page, although this depends if we believe UA's should be duplicating such
definitions etc.

Do people who follow this link
not need expansions (that would with the proposal only be done on their
first occurance.)

> My concern with summarizing the table within the text of the
> document is then there is not an explicit relationship between the
summary and the table.

<LABEL FOR> or <CAPTION> seem appropriate?