RE: CSS versus tables

From: Andrew McFarland <andrew.mcfarland@unite.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 09:08:03 +0000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 20:41 01/01/2002 -0500, Slaydon, Eugenia wrote:
>I think that the site design also figures in pretty heavily.

Agreed. For example, a dual column navigation on the left, content on the
right, page is dead easy to do with CSS. Something with a lot of precise
horizontal and vertical alignment would probably be easier with tables.

>I would never get them laid out correctly with CSS alone
>and guarantee that they look great in most browsers.

Mainly for academic exercise, I enjoy converting table layouts to CSS/div
driven ones. If there is anything you want me to try and do, throw a URL my
way and I'll have a look (and probably curse a bit about NS 4).

Andrew