transparency of black? drop-down menu

From: jonathan chetwynd <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 17:24:16 +0000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>, Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, snip@hellbusch.de
in ie5.5 or Moz0.9.7 select white type on a black background, and ignore
specified colors then:

the background of a drop-down list appears as transparent, with
illegible results

I'm not sure whether this was specific to the [Scripts-TECHS] drop-down
menu, but thought it was serious enough to merit general attention and
comment. Please do send in your comments, it beats me.

I was going to send this:

[Scripts-TECHS] drop-down menu

Jan Eric Hellbusch wrote with a problem regarding the accessible
drop-down list:
http://jibbering.com/accessibility/menu.html

 >For example, if I take the mouse to "Countries", below appears:
"England" and something else which is impossible for me to read
..because it overlaps with "This is where the content goes."<

Please note resize window to 'too small'.

The text "This is where the content goes." needs to be placed in such a
way as not to interfere with the list.

but the issue seems more serious

thanks

--