RE: CSS versus tables

From: Andrew McFarland <andrew.mcfarland@unite.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:39:38 +0000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 11:46 28/12/2001 -0500, Slaydon, Eugenia wrote:
>Just from a developer who does this daily - I can layout a page with tables
>in about a 1/4 of the time to do it with css

I'm also a developer, and I do this sort of thing almost daily as well. I
find the opposite is true. CSS takes me less time than tables. I think it
is a mixture of personal style, and the nature of the website you are
doing. At UNITE, our perl seems to lend itself very easily to css layouts.

It must be said, there is at least one table based layout I couldn't get to
work in Netscape 4.7 using CSS.

Andrew

--
Andrew McFarland