Request to Join WAI Web Content Guidelines Working Group

From: Slaydon, Eugenia <ESlaydon@beacontec.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:43:59 -0500
To: "'gv@trace.wisc.edu'" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, "'jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au'" <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>, "'wendy@w3.org'" <wendy@w3.org>
Cc: "'w3c-wai-gl@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
To whom it may concern,

I would like to join the working group. Below is the information requested:

Given Name: Eugenia

Family Name: Slaydon

Email Address: eslaydon@beacontec.com <mailto:eslaydon@beacontec.com>

Office Telephone Number: 336-931-1295 ext 225

Employer: Beacon Technologies, Inc.

Indicate whether your organization is a W3C Member:
My company is not a W3C member.

Area of interest: (Non W3C members please state area of expertise)

[X] develop Web content on a regular basis,

[ ] work with people with disabilities who use the Web,

[ ] have a disability and regularly use the Web,

[X] instruct people on developing Web content,

[X]or have general usability, development, or accessibility knowledge

[X] I have read the WC Guidelines Working Group Charter and agree to the
participation criteria therein (please indicate the revision date of the
charter, e.g.,
2000/01/21).
I agree to the participation criteria (4 hours minimum per week, providing
deliverables in a timely fashion, phone meetings. - my only concern is face
to face meetings. I live in NC and I'm not sure where these meetings are
held. If there is alot of travel involved I may not be able to afford it.
I'm also unsure of the time frame involved. The charter mentions that it is
18 months thru May 2002. Would I be able to join now or need to wait until
the next 18 months?) Charter dated 2000/11/27.

Intellectual Property Rights (check one):

[X] To the best of my knowledge, I believe my organization does not have any
IPR claims regarding guidelines for the accessibility of Web content.

[ ] To the best of my knowledge, I believe my organization has the following
IPR claims regarding guidelines for the accessibility of Web content.
(Please specify)

Additional Info:
I am the lead content developer at my company and develop content daily,
maintain standards for my team and follow W3C, WAI, and section 508
standards closely. I push accessibiltity issues  when sites are being
engineered to make them as user friendly as possible while having cutting
edge designs and graphics. I work extensively on goverment sites. www.ed.gov
<http://www.ed.gov>  and www.cbfisap.sfa.ed.gov
<http://www.cbfisap.sfa.ed.gov>  are two sites I've worked on recently. I
feel that I could contribute to this group since I work fulltime as a
developer. Currently an issue that I found while developing the FISAP site,
and worked through with various individuals in the forum, is going into the
2.0 HTML Techniques. I also feel that I can benefit from the group by
knowing what the leading issues, concerns and solutions are.

Thank you for your consideration,

Eugenia Slaydon
Beacon Technologies, Inc.
Lead Content Developer