Proposal for 1.5 success criteria

From: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 18:10:58 -0800
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Here's my action item from the 6th - reworked success criteria for 1.5

You will have successfully separated content and structure from
presentation if:
1.	A user can change the presentation to meet his/her needs, for
example by applying a different stylesheet
2.	The following can be derived programmatically from the content:
a.	A logical, linear reading order
b.	Hierarchical elements, such as headings, paragraphs and lists
c.	Relationships between elements, such as cross-references and
associations between labels and controls
d.	Emphasis

I've taken out the stuff about markup and data models.  This is mostly
because I don't think it matters how the structure is made
programmatically available, as long as it *is* made programmatically
available.  This approach is also more flexible for future technologies,
and a lot less wordy.  I added #1 because I felt that user control
needed to be made more explicit.

Let me know what you think,
Cynthia