Re: Problems with OTACS-2

Anne Pemberton writes:
 > Further, as it is presently, downloading an SVG reader does not result in
 > the intended benefits. It's still vaporware, and I've heard it said it's 5
 > years away from reality .... that is far past the scope of WCAG 2.0 ....
SVG viewers are available today. Also, five years is not an
unreasonable life expectancy for WCAG 2.0. As I understand it, there
is no absolute guarantee that the resources will always be available
to update the guidelines, so we should write them, at least at the
abstract level, under the assumption that they may not be updated for
a long time, if at all.

Finally, I should mention that no one has proposed making SVG
compulsory for checkpoint 3.4 (or any other checkpoint), but it is
nevertheless a technology that authors may choose to use and for which
we need to provide good techniques.