18 October 2001 WCAG WG minutes

From: Wendy A Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:49:13 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Summary of consensus and action items

- Consensus item:There would be a minimum standard of accessibility. In
order for site to assert any level of conformance, the content must meet
this minimum standard that consists of predetermined set of checkpoints. /*
GV has exact wording */
- Action WC: take discussion to ERT WG. How make statement for whole site
vs. particular page vs. specific element - how do search engines discover.
WCAG wants a scenario to show that it is possible.
- Consensus item: Seems like a good idea to express conformance claims in a
machine-readable form, but we aren't sure if we should require it of all
claims or suggest it be used.
- Action everyone: For next week - What causes something to be in or out of
the minimum set?

http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2001/10/18-minutes.html

--
wendy a chisholm