Re: FW: Revision to Web Accessibility Policy

From: Graham Oliver <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 18:32:02 +0100 (BST)
To: gv@trace.wisc.edu
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
I find it interesting that an institution that has
such a strong reason to make a web site accessible
should 'choose' this level of conformance.
One of the things that I have been thinking hard about
is 'If people want to do accessibility what is in it
for them to aim for anything higher than the 'lowest
Pulling together a couple of ideas mooted by Al Gilman
in this post [1] and myself in this post [2].
Perhaps we should be borrowing from the experience in
other 'disability domains' when considering
The most obvious one would appear to be building
(bricks and mortar) accessibility?

Graham Oliver

'Making on-line information accessible'
Mobile Phone : +64 25 919 724 - New Zealand
Work Phone : +64 9 846 6995 - New Zealand
AIM ID : grahamolivernz

Nokia Game is on again.
Go to http://uk.yahoo.com/nokiagame/ and join the new
all media adventure before November 3rd.