Re: FW: Revision to Web Accessibility Policy

From: Graham Oliver <graham_oliver@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 18:32:02 +0100 (BST)
To: gv@trace.wisc.edu
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
I find it interesting that an institution that has
such a strong reason to make a web site accessible
should 'choose' this level of conformance.
One of the things that I have been thinking hard about
is 'If people want to do accessibility what is in it
for them to aim for anything higher than the 'lowest
level'?'
Pulling together a couple of ideas mooted by Al Gilman
in this post [1] and myself in this post [2].
Perhaps we should be borrowing from the experience in
other 'disability domains' when considering
conformance.
The most obvious one would appear to be building
(bricks and mortar) accessibility?

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2001OctDec/0099.html

[2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2001OctDec/0098.html

Cheers
Graham Oliver

=====
'Making on-line information accessible'
Mobile Phone : +64 25 919 724 - New Zealand
Work Phone : +64 9 846 6995 - New Zealand
AIM ID : grahamolivernz

Nokia Game is on again.
Go to http://uk.yahoo.com/nokiagame/ and join the new
all media adventure before November 3rd.