RE: conformance

From: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 18:56:25 -0400
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Cc: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 06:12 PM 10/13/01 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>If there isn't a format, nobody is going to build a tool that supports it.
>Even if there is a format it needs support before people build mass market
>tools for it. We missed the chance three years ago, and this time I would
>like to get the infrastructure in place.
>
>Chaals

Understood!! A worthy goal .... !    But it is a long way away from
teaching special children "life skills" on how to find
pages/services/products unique to their needs NOW! ... I am up to here
(line on throat) in individual personal situations seeking  help to
maximize cognitively disabled persons who were minimized in special ed
classes (for efficiency) and the families are looking to the web for
educational and vocational enrichment past age 21 ... it would be wonderful
to point them to a search engine that can supply information as they need
it, but alas.... it's not there yet!

So, if a format will start this reality to coming about, I'm all for it
.... I am perhaps amazed that it hasn't been addressed yet for the
cognitively and other-wise reading impaired folks.... but perhaps I've just
been expecting too much ...

                                 Anne

Anne Pemberton
apembert@erols.com