RE: conformance

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 18:12:22 -0400 (EDT)
To: Anne Pemberton <apembert@erols.com>
cc: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@microsoft.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Well, you missed something that was implicit in my description, because
Cynthia said it clearly and well earlier in the week.

A good reporting system will enable us to build tools that a person can use
themselves - whether they are text-based tools or system's such as Jonathan's
graphic-based search engine.

If there isn't a format, nobody is going to build a tool that supports it.
Even if there is a format it needs support before people build mass market
tools for it. We missed the chance three years ago, and this time I would
like to get the infrastructure in place.

Chaals