From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gv@trace.wisc.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 9:03 AM
To: GLWAI Guidelines WG (GL - WAI Guidelines WG)
Subject: Consensus Items on User, User, and Author Conflicts

We addressed BIG ISSUES 14 and 15 in the call and came up with consensus statements.  These issues were:

14.	Author and User needs conflict.

15.	User and User needs conflict.

The consensus statements we came up with were:

G-3.	Where Author and User needs conflict such that the Author cannot
meet the User needs, then an alternate form which is accessible needs to be provided that is as close to the original functionality as is technically possible.

and

G-4.	User vs. User needs is something we need to look at on a
case-by-case basis, but it is also a test we need to apply to every normative requirement anyway.  "If this done, is some group being cut out?"

Any comments before we post these to the Consensus Collection?

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Human Factors
Dept of Ind. Engr. - U of Wis.