Re: General Rule - Do not forbid - only guide except for safety

Gregg,

	You make an excellent point!

	As soon as you "forbid" something, you find out that some disabled group
at an opposite end of some spectrum "needs" what you've forbidden ... we
need to explain the consequences, and let the author decide what is most
appropriate for his/her site.

						Anne

At 08:38 PM 3/24/01 -0600, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
> I am not sure this will hold but
>As a general rule....
>I think we should try to design guidelines that do not forbid anything - but
>rather tell people how to do things so that they will be accessible.
>
>When the next version comes out next week - we should look through it to see
>how it looks in this regard.
>

>Gregg
>
>-- ------------------------------
>Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
>Professor - Human Factors
>Depts of Ind. and Biomed. Engr. - U of Wis.
>Director - Trace R & D Center
>Gv@trace.wisc.edu, http://trace.wisc.edu/
>FAX 608/262-8848
>For a list of our listserves send "lists" to listproc@trace.wisc.edu