Re: Suggested format for the WCAG 2.0

Hynn's point is really important - at the end of the day there are a number
of questions like "did you put a picture in your page? If so did you do it
using the img element, the object element, as a background property, by using
pre to construct a diagram using characters, ...

If we use the term element it will be understood by people who know the
languages (HTML or whatever) to mean a particular language element. Most of
our requirements are about page components and the way they function.

Charles

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
  >At 09:05 AM 3/16/01 -0600, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
  >>The last item is a statement that this element is not used.

  I'm not sure what the term "element" means here.  The example --
  of the IMG HTML element -- may imply that we are talking about
  markup elements, or that we are talking about particular
  "components" of a technology.

  It might make more sense to say that the last item is a statement
  that the checkpoint does not apply _BECAUSE_ "no images are used
  on the page" or whatever.

  --Kynn