From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Josh Krieger
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 11:04 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: imagemaps

Just going through the techniques doc for WCAG 1.0. I'm surprised at the
following flub. When these techniques make their way into the HTML specific
techniques, 7.4.4 should be removed as it contradicts 7.4.3.

+ Josh +

7.4.3 Client-side versus server-side image maps
Checkpoints in this section:

   9.1 Provide client-side image maps instead of server-side image maps
except where the regions cannot be defined with an available geometric
shape. [Priority 1]

7.4.4 Server-side image maps
Checkpoints in this section:

   1.2 Provide redundant text links for each active region of a server-side
image map. [Priority 1]