Re: Action Item: 3.3 Proposal (Writing Style)

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 19:20:02 -0800
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 09:19 PM 3/13/01 -0500, Al Gilman wrote:
>Both of these will be more successful in clear writing if they use
>reading-level measures as a checking tool.

I can't go for "will" in this case. I just don't think it is at all clear
that use of a "fog index" has a high positive correlation with "clear
writing" - particularly since agreement on the latter's achievement is
extremely difficult to measure.

If there is a way to do this, bottle it and save the rain forests because
there'll be a lot less paper used.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE