Re: Layout tables

At 04:49 AM 3/9/01 -0500, Marti wrote:
>To get anywhere we need to get people DOING IT, for that we need a clear
>path and some good rationale for changing methods that 'always worked before'.

This is what I was trying to say but much more *real-world*!

In the final analysis I believe (*strongly*?) that this is far more in the
purview of EO than GL - sort of "GL propose - EO dispose". If the charter
says elsewise, it's just wrong.

If we bother our pretty little heads about whether CSS is well-supported or
that tables are being used for layout (or that people still use <font>,
etc., etc., etc., etc.) then we can not do the necessarily
forward-compatible stuff that's at the heart of making new
guidelines/checkpoints.

Please some chairperson declare this entire avenue (at least for GL) a
*rathole*.

ENOUGH ALREADY!

--
Love.