Re: Layout tables

From: Marti <marti@agassa.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 04:49:40 -0500
To: <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>, "William Loughborough" <love26@gorge.net>
Cc: "Al Gilman" <asgilman@iamdigex.net>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Just to get a bit to "practicality" into this -

There is a fairly typical 'web company' I deal with a lot.  Most of their
designers know some HTML but still use things like Dreamweaver for most
tasks.  They can be convinced to consider accessibility occasionally when it
doesn't interfer too much with the visual layout or slow them down.
They are about to start the design on a new website, I would like to
encourage them to start using XML.  The question is: what tools are
available right now to help them?  Just to complicate matters - more than
half of the designer/developer platforms are MacIntosh and the management
has this odd preference for NN.
To get anywhere we need to get people DOING IT, for that we need a clear
path and some good rationale for changing methods that 'always worked
before'.
Marti