Re: my first contribution to the techniques with attachments

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:58:41 -0500
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>, "Lisa Seeman" <seeman@netvision.net.il>, "WAI" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 2:25 PM +0000 3/1/01, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>  > ALSO, it is very important to make clear the distinction
>  > between user CSS and author CSS
>Agreed. You can do more or less whatever you want when you know the
>output device. No one is going to tell you what to put in your own
>personal U-CSS-sheet, or how accessible to make it!

This is a good principle and _should be stated explicitly_ somewhere
in the CSS techniques.

As for "more or less whatever you want when you know the output
device", that's actually not true at all. ;)  Designing _specific_
interfaces is often harder than designing _generic_ (fall-through,
"degrades gracefully", one-size-fits-all) interfaces.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/