Re: The web processing model: ideas for an introduction

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 10:24:49 -0800
To: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 03:29 PM 1/25/2001 , you wrote:
>In today's teleconference I proposed that an introductory section be added
>to the guidelines, outlining the model of processing and interaction which
>characterizes the web, and indicating the points at which issues of
>accessibility may be addressed. Here are some preliminary ideas:

I think this might make a good appendix, but I would be wary about
including a huge block of text at the beginning of the document
which explains "how the web works."  I think initial introductory
material should be kept as concise as possible.

(Alternately, I would support a reference to a "how the web works"
external document, on the W3C's site or elsewhere.)

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                http://kynn.com/
Technical Developer Relations, Reef           http://www.reef.com/