RE: Comments on 12 January 2001 WCAG 2.0

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:41:32 -0800
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>, Cynthia Shelly <cyns@opendesign.com>
Cc: "'Ian Jacobs'" <ij@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 3:18 AM -0500 1/22/01, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>I agree with Cynthia. As I recall, this checkpoint is aimed very squarely at
>content that is creating an interface - for example a form, but also more
>complex applications.

All content "creates an interface".  When you create a web page, you are
creating a user interface, even if that is simply "one left mostly
undefined except for the browser's defaults."

This is a principle I so very much wish I could impress upon web
designers, who don't view web design as UI design.  Any time you create
a web document or application, you are building -some- kind of
interface for users, be that an interface to information or to
program functionality.

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>