RDF in html:address

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 17:05:46 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
"To whoever it may concern",
I've noticed that the usage of <address> as set out in HTML 4.01 is rather
ambiguous. The definition [1] says "details about the author", but the
example contains date information as well... I take the example as being a
normative extension to the definition.

Anyway, what this implies is that <address> is metadata. So would it be
better to use RDF? Of course...but you still want to see it inline
sometimes. So use inline RDF? Exactly:-

<rdf:Description rdf:about="">
  <address>
      <dc:author>
       </dc:author>
      <dc:date>2001-01-04</dc:date>
  </address>
</rdf:Description>

Triples:-

mydoc.html --[rdf:Description]--> html:address
html:address -->
     dc:author -> Sean B. Palmer
     dc:date -> 2001-01-04

Pretty obvious I suppose, but I wanted to say it anyway...

The first person to point out my main inaccuracy gets a free off-list rant
about using XHTML m12n to add RDF to XHTML :-)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html40/struct/global.html#edef-ADDRESS

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
http://infomesh.net/sbp/
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ [ERT/GL/PF]
"Perhaps, but let's not get bogged down in semantics."
   - Homer J. Simpson, BABF07.