Re: interesting one for text equivalence

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 06:08:55 -0800
To: "Lisa Seeman" <seeman@netvision.net.il>, "WAI" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 08:19 AM 1/3/01 +0200, Lisa Seeman wrote:
>Adding text or even links to text that describe non semantic content, will
>detract from this.

I am baffled as to why you think this.

Perhaps I just don't think that the example instance (color change to
denote season) is "non-semantic"? In fact, I always have a problem with the
notion that *anything* is "purely decorative". When the author put that
picture of a rose in there, she had something (meaning?) in mind.