Re: interesting one for text equivalence

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 23:50:36 -0800
To: love26@gorge.net (William Loughborough)
Cc: "Lisa Seeman" <seeman@netvision.net.il>, "WAI" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 06:08 AM 1/3/2001 , William Loughborough wrote:
>At 08:19 AM 1/3/01 +0200, Lisa Seeman wrote:
>>Adding text or even links to text that describe non semantic content, will detract from this.
>
>I am baffled as to why you think this.

I think Lisa is saying that anything which adds additional
"stuff" to an interface introduces some degree or another of
cognitive friction.  The goal of usability is to reduce
cognitive friction and thus make sites easier to use.

I've been recommended a good book on the subject recently;
I haven't read it yet but when I do I'll post here about it.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/
Sr. Engineering Project Leader, Reef-Edapta       http://www.reef.com/