Re: WAI guidelines

Hi, Kathy, the "current" version is the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines (WCAG) version 1.0.  That is the one which has gone through
the World Wide Web Consortium's consensus process and has been adopted
as a formal recommendation (in 1999).

WCAG version 2.0 is a work in progress and at this time is not meant as
a usable, functional document.  At present there is no scheduled date
for the release of version 2.0.  WCAG 1.0 is recommended for current
projects.

The level of compliance with WCAG 1.0 (as this may be your next
question), Single-A, Double-A, Triple-A, or some subset thereof,
that you should achieve is not set by the working group itself and
thus is left up to you, your organizational policies, or appropriate
regulatory body rules.

Hope this helps,

--Kynn Bartlett
   WCAG Working Group Member, not speaking in any official capacity

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/