Re: Breaking the Techniques "Writer's Block"

At the level of "we should be generating and capturing into a maintained
collection concrete examples related to the issues we talk about" I entirely
agree with this idea.

The "knowledge base" idea I just posted in reply to Len introduces a variation
on the type definition of what we are generating and accumulating, something a
little different from "accessibility techniques."  But it is a superset.
Rough
drafts of the eventual techniques documents can be sliced (extracted by
filtering) out of the knowledge-base heap when the set of guidelines and
checkpoints stabilizes.

And on an even more 'yes' note, I have proposed to the CG (call tomorrow) that
we handle certain SMIL work that is before us as work on the
techology-specific
techniques for accessible multimedia, i.e. that we make populating this
techniques section (in draft form) a work item with names and deadlines.

Al