Re: Semantic pragmatic

----- Original Message -----
From: "seeman" <seeman@netvision.net.il>
> But all this is not the point. The question is, would such a checkpoint
> help. and should we make it.

I think colloquialisms are an issue (and it's one of those issues we share
with internationalization/language translation), but again, I don't think
they are most efficiently solved in angle brackets by the provider. 3.3
(Write clearly and simply) should encompass making an effort to avoid slang,
cliches, and what have you. I think anything over and above that is more
reasonable to do in the user agent. What's critical to explain to the writer
is that they shouldn't assume that the reader has context, which is good
advice for anyone writing for broad audiences.

-