Re: Merging WCAG With EARL

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 18:38:04 -0400 (EDT)
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
cc: <w3c-wai-er-ig@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cool work. But it would make more sense to me if there was a screen-scraper
or simlar transformation used on WCAG, and if EARL allowed us to specify how
that should work. For example there must be a fragment of XSLT that can be
used to extract a given checkpoint from WCAG, and that could be added to a
standard XSLT template. If we could point to that as the human documentation
we would be way ahead - then for a different spec (like XHTML 1.0) we could
define the transform fragment insteadc of having to re-write the entire spec.

Chaals