security cookie in image

The practice Kelly Ford is referring to in this report is of interest.

On second thought, I am not sure the reason is what I said on Webwatch.

Are they doing this because it is easy to include a different cookie with each
time the page is served if the cookie is in an image?  Or are they doing it
with an image as a way to discourage robot sign-up?  If the latter is the
case,
then their security feature _would_ be defeated if the magic cookie were
proffered in text and not image.  But that means we need to find some other
security device that will work, because this one blocks participation by
people
as well as robots.

Al

>To: <webwatch@yahoogroups.com>