RE: Illustrating Guidelines

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 07:35:33 -0700
To: "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>, "'Anne Pemberton'" <apembert@erols.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
At 09:25 AM 5/11/01 -0400, Bailey, Bruce wrote:
>I understood that the objective of this exercise was to present an example
>of how illustrations can be used to make even a technical document of some
>value to a non-reader

I don't think that's the case. E.g., Lisa is a "reader" with certain
characteristics that make some "accommodations" valuable beyond just "nice
to have". We are not trying to devise hieroglyphics or re-invent Bliss
Symbols. Some of our clients *need* there to be other-than-just-text in
order to make stuff accessible.

Even though they can read.

--
Love.