Re: WHat makes Icons accessible or not?

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 06:06:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: Katie Haritos-Shea <ryladog@earthlink.net>
cc: 3WC WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Yes, I agree about the colours of the things and have been meaning to add a
new version of one for a while. Probably I will change the colour of the
camera silhouette (multimedia icon).

Actually I prefer not to have transparent backgrounds for these - I found
that it was nicer to set them off clearly against their own background. White
has a nice way of doing that without making them stand out as squares on teh
page, snice it is a common background colour. But it isn't universal - in a
lot of places white is a bad-luck colour, and people use red or purple
backgrounds (or blue ones). If the background was transpaent taht would
create more problems than it would solve I think.

cheers

Charles