Accessibility and Device Independence

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 05:15:14 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Cc: w3c-wai-pf@w3.org, w3c-wai-eo@w3.org
http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/marbut/currTechDevInd.htm#_Toc510867892
is part of a document about Device Independence being looked at by the DI
WG. Some of the points are of historical interest and others might help in
divining possible methods in formulating WCAG 2.

This also shows the growing awareness of accessibility matters on the
technical side of Webstuff.

It might even color our decision to "segregate" so-called "usability"
features into non-prioritized sections of the guidelines - they are to be,
after all, *guidelines* not commandments. If we have a bevy of "shoulds"
connected to a handful of "shalt nots" we might have a salubrious effect on
the Web.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE