Re: Government

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:47:36 -0700
To: "Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>, "Paul Bohman" <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
At 3:32 PM +0100 4/24/01, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
>Perhaps to recommend that all government domains must contain some
>multimedia content??

Well, that would be a weird thing to do because it's up to the governments
to regulate themselves, not us. :)  But I see where you are coming
from here.

The idea is a good one, but to flesh it out more we need to tell them
how and why to use multimedia.  If we say that a site is "more
accessible" to people with cognitive disabilities if it contains
multimedia -- and I will accept that as true -- we need to give some
guideance as to how they should do it, and what it should cover.

A relatively clueless government webmaster would see such a recommendation
and simply slap on any random multimedia content and declare the
job done!

Jonathan, let's explore this a little bit more -- what kind of
multimedia content would you most like to see on a web site?  Can
you describe a "good attempt" and a "poor attempt" at meeting such
a recommendationi as you describe?

--Kynn
--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>