RE: Green Fingers

From: Annuska Perkins <annuskap@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 17:20:55 -0700
To: "Anne Pemberton" <apembert@erols.com>, "Matt May" <mcmay@bestkungfu.com>, "Jonathan Chetwynd" <j.chetwynd@btinternet.com>, "Bailey, Bruce" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
The statement "it doesn't really have to wait until that is actually
do-able, just theoretically do-able and under development" is not
consistent with a recent conference call discussion about how the WCAG
guidelines are used as a guide for government regulations.

I agree that we should focus on potential solutions, but I also think we
ultimately have to make the guidelines feasible to implement, from a
technical and a business standpoint. Wording we've considered, such as
"as appropriate to the audience and content" gives us a forum to present
the techniques, but not require it for every site.