RFD: Checkpoint 1.? Enable optional suppression of disabling content

From: Adam Victor Reed <areed2@calstatela.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:13:12 -0700
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
I would like to request discussion of a potential additional
checkpoint under Guideline 1 (Presentation: Design content that
allows presentation according to the user's needs and preferences.)

1.? Enable optional suppression of disabling content.

(I prefer to wait on input for details. I am suggesting this
checkpoint because some content is disabling for some users,
e.g. flashing in an animation may trigger epileptic seizures,
irrelevant or repetitious material will distract a person with
attention disorder, etc.)

Please comment.
--
				Adam Reed
				areed2@calstatela.edu

Context matters. Seldom does *anything* have only one cause.